Michael Jordan

Amie Muller, Staff Writer

Most people know Michael Jordan as “one of the greatest basketball players of all time.” However, he has done many things throughout his life to become successful. He played basketball in high school, college, NBA, and even played for the Olympics twice, in 1984 and as part of the “Dream Team” in 1992.  Though Jordan was mainly known for his basketball career, he has impacted society in other ways as well.

Jordan, now retired, has also been known as a great humanitarian. Jordan contributes to many charities and organizations including Habitat for Humanity, LIVESTRONG, and the James Jordan Boys and Girls Club he established in Chicago in honor of his father. Although Jordan contributes to many of the organizations he founded, he still continues to host the yearly Michael Jordan International Golf Tournament to raise money for organizations and even hospitals and struggling children. In late 2016, Michael Jordan was awarded The Presidential Medal of Freedom, an award is given by the President to individuals who have made especially praiseworthy contributions to the security or national interests of the United States, to world peace, or to cultural or other significant public or private endeavors.

Jordan was a major contributor by donating $500,000 to rebuild New Orleans after damages caused by hurricane Katrina and donating half a million to help reconstruct athletic gymnasiums for community events.  He continues to inspire when he stated;
“If you’re trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I’ve had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”

• Michael Jordan

Showcase

New Update on the Tardy Policy

• Michael Jordan

Seniors

Senior Readiness

• Michael Jordan

Showcase

Hoover Beautification

• Michael Jordan

Clay Expressions at Kensington Gallery

• Michael Jordan

Sex Trafficking in San Diego

• Michael Jordan

Showcase

Spring Sports Recap

• Michael Jordan

Culture

Culture Clash

• Michael Jordan

Pepsi Commercial Controversy

• Michael Jordan

Showcase

Drunk Driving

• Michael Jordan

Showcase

2017 Yearbook Cover!

Michael Jordan