“Loss Of Privilege”

Francisco Zuniga, Staff Writer

The LOP stands for “Loss Of Privilege,” which means there are certain things you can’t do when you are on it. First things first, the reason you’re on it is because you have many tardies and absences and if you don’t clear them up, you will be on the LOP.  If the tardies are more than 10, you’re on the LOP.  Also, if you’re truant or have an unexcused absence, then you’re on the LOP.

I have many things to say about the LOP.  It should not be a rule in Hoover High School. Many students probably by now don’t like this rule especially those who play sports.It just seems unfair students.  For example, you can go practice with your team but can’t play the home or away games which does not make sense because why go practice if you can’t play the game. But on the other hand, I can see why the administration made this rule because they want everybody with zero tardies and unexcused absences. Students may think that it’s not fair because  the school is taking their privilege by not letting them play games. At the same time, it motivates students not to get tardies and to clear their tradies by going after school tutoring, lunch detention or Saturday school.

If you want to get out of the Loss Of Privilege(LOP), then this is what you must do. You could either make up your tardies or unexcused absences by going to lunch detention(takes of one tardy), after school(takes off two tardies), or Saturday school(takes off 4 tardies and two absences). Once they’re all clear, then you off the “ Loss Of Privilege,” so as long as you’re not tardy or have unexcused absences anymore, then you are clear to enjoy events and activities.

• “Loss Of Privilege”

New Perspective on an Classic Rite of Passage

• “Loss Of Privilege”

Features

Jeremy Pushes the Envelope Once Again

• “Loss Of Privilege”

Opinion

Ofo Bikes Over Walking

• “Loss Of Privilege”

Seniors

Seniors Hand it off to the Underclassman

• “Loss Of Privilege”

Opinion

Are Drills Preparing Us?

• “Loss Of Privilege”

Culture

Stephon Clark: Remember Him

• “Loss Of Privilege”

Seniors

Scholarships Are Here!

• “Loss Of Privilege”

Breech of the Cyber Wall

• “Loss Of Privilege”

Culture

Cleaner Campus Our Responsibility?

• “Loss Of Privilege”

Opinion

Space for Student Drivers

“Loss Of Privilege”