Birdie Lands for the Last Time

Trung To, Editor

This season was a rollercoaster of emotions, practices, and drills. I’ll be honest and say that this year, Hoover probably had the strongest badminton team, but we only won two out of seven games. The other five games were lost because of mental toughness going up against teams known for their talent. We were a young team that had a lot of learning to do, which results in some games slipping away.

Despite that, we played our hearts out against those players, making sure once we stepped off the court Hoover was respected. I plan on coming back after I graduate so I can coach the future team. This year also has the best rookies that I’ve seen since my own rookie year. They learned the foundations of badminton quick, and now it’s all a matter of them honing their skills. The seniors of the team have also shown their commitment to the sport over the past three or four years on the court. I’m proud to play badminton and represent Hoover, and I wouldn’t want to play for any other team.

Trung To, Copy Editor

Trung To is a very interesting individual. Hes a senior at Hoover High, and hes been at Hoover for all four years. Trungs a pretty good student, has never failed a class. He usually passes a class with a B or A, and at the lowest, a C.  The lowest grade Trung has ever received was a D, and it was for the first semester. Trung is most notably known for his long blonde hair he had last year. Trung is mainly known for his crazy stunts he does. His friends all know his personality is one thats always upbeat and silly. He never fails to make his friends laugh, whether its just a regular day at school, or if theyre not feeling well. Trung will always make sure to leave a smile on his friends. In his pastime, Trung usually plays badminton, powerlifts, or his spending his time learning about something, and sometimes sleeping. Hes played badminton ever since his freshman year, and he fell in love with the sport. Its a sport that requires the strength of a football player, and the grace of a ballet dancer. Trung recently started powerlifting this year, and hes really strong for a guy whos his size. Hes most proud of his deadlift, which is 275, nearing 300 pounds. Any other time hes not doing those things, hes probably sleeping or eating.

• Birdie Lands for the Last Time

Sports & Health

Friday night lightening

• Birdie Lands for the Last Time

Soccer players wanted

• Birdie Lands for the Last Time

Hispanic Heritage Month

Alex Rodriguez

• Birdie Lands for the Last Time

Sports & Health

Champions League Final: Review

• Birdie Lands for the Last Time

Sports & Health

Cinderella Season Comes to an End

• Birdie Lands for the Last Time

Sports & Health

Baseball Season Serves as a Lesson

• Birdie Lands for the Last Time

Sports & Health

Road Ends Here for Boys Volleyball

• Birdie Lands for the Last Time

Seniors

Seniors Hand it off to the Underclassman

• Birdie Lands for the Last Time

Sports & Health

US Misses International Soccer Stage

• Birdie Lands for the Last Time

Features

Hoover represents at Special Olympics 2018

Birdie Lands for the Last Time