Ataklty Gebru

Enriqueta Miranda, Staff Writer

Ataklty Gebru is this week’s Athlete of the Week.  Ataklty is a 16-year-old junior.  Recently, he placed 5th place out of 250 runners at the Mt. Carmel Invitational for cross country. Not only is Ataklty in cross country but he is in track and field as well. He says he was introduced to cross country during his freshman year of highschool, by his cousin who was in track at the time. He’s been running for three years and doesn’t plan on stopping and perhaps continuing into college. His main inspiration is the love he has for the sport. His main challenge so far has been his injury back in February of this year. He hurt his shin and was on a shin splint for approximately 6 months. However, that didn’t stop him from practicing.

Coming from an Ethiopian background he speaks Amharic as well as Tigrinya, an Afro- Asiatic language. His favorite type of  food is Ethiopian cuisine. One of his favorite dishes is Kitfo which mainly consists of minced raw beef.

Enriqueta Miranda, Staff Writer

Enriqueta Miranda is currently a senior attending Hoover High. Enriqueta is very outgoing with the people she feels comfortable with. In school, she cares a lot about her work being on point all the time. Outside of school, she likes to paint and cook. For her, painting is like an escape way: a way for her to express herself through colors. Ever since she was little, both her parents were chefs so she got introduced to cooking that way. After high school she hopes to go into culinary school at AI Institute or go into the U.S Air Force.

• Ataklty Gebru

Athlete of the Week

Evelyn Arce

• Ataklty Gebru

Athlete of the Week

Sirr Mee

• Ataklty Gebru

Athlete of the Week

Perfect Land

• Ataklty Gebru

Features

Yule wish you were there

• Ataklty Gebru

Athlete of the Week

Evelyn Arce

• Ataklty Gebru

Hispanic Heritage Month

Ted Hernandez

• Ataklty Gebru

Sports & Health

Friday night lightening

• Ataklty Gebru

Practice makes perfect

• Ataklty Gebru

America Ferrera

• Ataklty Gebru

Eva Longoria

Ataklty Gebru