How Do Seniors Feel About 2016?

Seniors+Tien+Thai%2C+Brian+Vongsouthi%2C+Alexis+Carey%2C+Ashley+Soto%2C+Fatuma+Adan%2C+Melody+Casas%2C+Andy+Nguyen%2C+Azire+Norfleet+and+Elizabeth+Miclus+pose+in+front+of+Ms.+Fagents+college+acceptance+letter+wall.+

Annika Kheav

Seniors Tien Thai, Brian Vongsouthi, Alexis Carey, Ashley Soto, Fatuma Adan, Melody Casas, Andy Nguyen, Azire Norfleet and Elizabeth Miclus pose in front of Ms. Fagent’s college acceptance letter wall.

Annika Kheav, Staff Writer

It is a new year with new seniors for Hoover High School! 2016 is a year full of anticipation and happiness for seniors as we reach closer to our graduation day. A new year comes with new goals set for most people and I am sure there are plenty for seniors with only four months left of high school, feeling high anxiety that our emotions are just like a rollercoaster.

A lot of seniors feel rushed. We feel the need to go out and to do more.With the school year ending soon, they are going all out by attending clubs and sports, volunteering, or getting jobs. I, personally, can agree with this because it is my last year. I decided to join soccer for the fun of it and I plan to get a job after soccer in order to save up for graduation. I do not think there is not enough time for us to prepare, but there is no time to complain and dwell on it. We should keep on moving forward. The most difficult part is the new four by four schedule which replaced our old traditional six period classes; giving us less time to study for new tests with piles of homework each day! The stress is crazier than what I could ever imagined.

Most of the seniors are turning 18 years old so this is our year of independence. We have completed our college applications and now we are determining our choices after acceptances.

Senior Alviah Fullylove joyfully says, “I started 2016 with three college acceptances and I want to end that exciting.”

College makes us think of our plans for the future constantly. Such as, which college do we plan to attend? Are we going to live at home or away? How will our financial aid cover us? How do you deal with homesickness? Despite there being many questions, it will all work out in the end. We have prom and grad night left and it feels like our teenage years are nearly over. 2016 is not over yet but we are more excited for the end of it because that is when everything thrilling and fun happens for us. It is sad that we are growing up, but is exhilarating to do what we wished we could only out of high school. 2016 is our year and we do not want to let it go to waste!