Does High School Love Last?

Jessica Ong, Copy Editor

High school is a time when teenagers can begin to date and grow mentally and physically alongside with their significant other. Their feelings for one another grow as well. I believe that high school love lasts because it is not about the age that defines how a relationship can be, rather the maturity and mindset of both lovers. There are plenty of high school sweethearts who are married today and are living happily with each other.

Perspective plays a vital role in the future of a relationship. If both partners have the same feelings and a similar idea about the future together, then there is more of a chance for high school love to last. Of course, it is more important ofa priority to live in the present with your partner now, but it is okay to think ahead and plan some type of future together. High school love can last if both people are beyond content with one another now, and do not let little problems or people come in between them.

Maturity is major key to making a high school relationship last. If one partner is childish and does not act like they are ready for a committed relationship, then the high school love might not last. Communication between two sweethearts makes all the difference in the world, and if you are willing to spend the rest of your life with your high school sweetheart, then keep that in mind.

Lots of people argue that young love in the high school days will not last, but I truly believe it does. A friend of mine named Alfredo is currently married to his high school sweetheart and they have a daughter together. They are still going strong and this is a prime example as to why I think high school love lasts.

In my opinion, high school lovers are able to last a long time because if two people are truly in love with each other in every aspect, then it can work out. You would do whatever it takes to make it work, no matter the age difference, no matter the time period, no matter the objections because high school love can be the same as more experienced love. Personally, I think it lasts because if you are developing alongside your partner for the rest of your life, then your love can prosper and it can all begin in high school.