Senior Reflection #2

Adam Nguyen, Staff Writer

Throughout my three years at Hoover High School, I believe my last year here as a senior is the best and most productive year I have had. A lot has changed and influenced me to become the person I am today. I have changed from a short, anti-social, and unproductive teen to a sociable, open personality, and mature young adult.

In the beginning of my senior year, I realized what I wanted to do with my life and planned for the year. I decided to become involved in more extracurricular activities, such as playing volleyball and joining the dance team. I have always wanted to dance for my school and participate in volleyball and I finally achieved those goals. For volleyball, this is my first year playing a sport, but it is also my last. I went through a month of conditioning and dealt with three days of intense tryouts to make it on the varsity team. I put in so much effort and received so much support from friends and close family members.

Joining the new Hoover dance team was a great experience. A friend of mine asked me to help create the team and become one of the choreographers to teach other students the dances. I was happy and excited to be able to use my creativity and put it into dances to help out others within the school that also want to dance and perform. Being on the dance team has allowed me to do what I love on campus and be able to share it with other peers. Not only do I get to teach others how to dance, but I get to understand and get to know new people that I’ve never met or seen before. There is a strong bond between all of the participants in the team and everyone connects with each other by collaborating and performing.

After getting myself more out there and becoming more open, opportunities came along the way which changed who I was in the beginning of the year to who I am today. My friends and family members have seen a big change in me and I’m very proud of myself for taking on new things and challenges within the year. Senior year isn’t over yet, more opportunities will come and I’m willing to take them on and experience new things that influence me into becoming a better person.