Why Didn’t Hoover Have Sadies?

Annika Kheav, Staff Writer

The past years everyone knows Hoover has never owned up to their promise of having Sadies. I had no problem with that over the three past years I have been at Hoover but as this being my last year at Hoover I am furious knowing we did not have a Sadies and everyone else can agree with me.

Most students nowadays have social media and lately there have been plenty of twitter posts and pictures of others school asking people to Sadies or having Sadies eventually, or snapchat where we view videos of photos of other school’s Sadies which is very saddening. So far, Hoover is apart of the San Diego Unified District, and everyone except Hoover in this district has this dance. That is all Hoover students have been talking about ever since seeing their friends from other school having Sadies, we are all jealous and think it is truly unfair. I understand that Hoover is not the richest school, but most school have Sadies at their own gym so planning one in our own gym, I believe, would be no hassle or problem. My friend recently wanted to invite me to their Sadies and it was only $15 at their school’s gym compared to our prom ticket which is $60. Also, if Hoover has trouble with money, they could have received a lot of money from the students who go to Sadies because all of the funds would go to Hoover and clubs as well as selling food items. All my friends and I still have yet to experience the feeling of ourselves asking a boy to dance. Plus, it is rare that Hoover has dances besides Homecoming and Prom but Prom is limited to seniors. I believe one of the most memorables moments in high school is our enjoyment of school dances. Hoover can host so many events that not everyone goes because they do not understand the event, are not interested, or have nothing in common with it so I think if Hoover were to have Sadies, it would be an entertaining event that everyone would enjoy.

Hoover is not known for their spontaneous dance events like many other schools we should join the ranks of the schools before us who have hosted a Sadies dance.