Senior Readiness

Daniela Olivarria, Staff Writer

After four years of hard work, dedication, and persistence, Hoover High seniors prepare themselves for the next chapter of their lives. With each unique personality, a different lesson was learned from attending Hoover. Whatever your decision is, whether you choose to go to vocational school, college, or the military; the question we all need to ask ourselves is, did Hoover prepare me enough for the next chapter of my life?

Senior, Anamaria Gonzales, “I feel like Hoover prepared me for life with my social skills more than anything because I learned to talk to people easier and speak in front of crowds without being so anxious, however what I believe Hoover lacked on is the encouragement of other options after high school besides college.”

Senior, Sean Khoth, “I don’t feel like attending Hoover has prepared me for the next chapter of my life. College is a completely different world compared to high school. However, taking part in a community college English class has given me insight into what college is like and gave me a bit of preparation for life after high school. In addition, after getting a job, I got a little taste of adulthood.”

Senior, Dorothy Gaeta, “In my opinion, I don’t believe Hoover prepared me as much as I needed. Teachers may prepare you in English class or in math class, but in reality we don’t use most of the things they teach us. For an example, I had an amazing Econ teacher who taught us how to save up money and learn resourceful things for the future. But other than that I don’t think high school prepared me enough.”

All seniors have their own opinion according to their preparations, in my opinion I do not feel prepared. In consideration to college, I feel like I am not at the level I should be at, I also feel unprepared for life responsibilities such as doing taxes, being financially responsible (especially with the debts of college ahead), and just being prepared for life in general. Don’t get me wrong I was blessed to have amazing teacher who really hit me with reality my past four years but I don’t believe everyone is as lucky as I was. This is a big step for all seniors at Hoover High.  We are becoming adults in a world where reality sets in.

• Senior Readiness

A Night to Remember

• Senior Readiness

Opinion

Grad Night

• Senior Readiness

New Perspective on an Classic Rite of Passage

• Senior Readiness

Features

Jeremy Pushes the Envelope Once Again

• Senior Readiness

Seniors

Seniors Hand it off to the Underclassman

• Senior Readiness

Seniors

Scholarships Are Here!

• Senior Readiness

Editorials

In Case You Missed it

• Senior Readiness

Hoover’s Own Takes on the World

• Senior Readiness

Seniors

Jam-packed Senior Night

• Senior Readiness

Seniors

The SAFE Program

Senior Readiness