Wellness Center

Wellness+Center

Karyme Valle Guzman, Staff Writer

Many people don’t know the amazing programs and helpful things we have here at Hoover. One of these is the Wellness Center.

The Wellness Center is located in the bungalows where you are able to donate anything that will help your fellow Cardinals, but it must be new. For example, they need blankets, sweaters, or other things such as personal hygiene products. People usually donate these items in blue bins that look like mail boxes. Little do people know, the Wellness Center is here at Hoover for our students that need a little extra help, and even goes beyond Hoover.

The center helps anyone in the community.  Students can come and ask for school supplies, or a warm sweater to fight the coming winter. This is very helpful because many students don’t have the luxury to go out and buy new clothes or school supplies whenever they want and the fact that this center can help make a change.  The center accepts all donations, and what we may think is little, can make a big difference. For example, a product we take for granted is toothpaste.  You may say, “Who doesn’t have toothpaste,” but in reality many people in our community lack such basic necessities and we can make a difference. By just donating simple things like that is a big help.

If you wish to donate, products must be new and not used. Unless it’s clothes, they may be lightly worn, but not damaged. It’s simple rules you have to follow in order to donate.

All around our school, academies and other clubs try to encourage people to donate and help out. Students as a whole should step up to the occasion to help others. AOIT and SABE are putting boxes in classes so kids can donate. I suggest all students come and donate because not only will you be able to walk away with a good feeling but you’ll know that you helped someone make their day better. We should be able to donate without hesitation.