Blood Drive

Blood+Drive

Andy Ngoly, Staff Writer

Looking to help someone out? Well here’s your chance! Hoover High School’s ASB is hosting a Blood Drive January 19th from 8:30 to 1:30 by the ASB room in the back quad.

Students have been going around classrooms making announcements and handing out permission slips.  If you are 16 and under and have not picked up a permission slip but want to donate, head over to the ASB room. If you are 17-18+ you do not need permission slip to donate. Add your name to the list ASB is creating with your full name and which period is your elective.

“This is one of the most special events here on campus,” said senior Cortney House. “It allows students from the ages 16 and up to help out donating blood which can help at least 3 people who are in need of blood. The Blood Drive is usually held two to three times a year, and is hosted by American Red Cross. Hundreds of students devoted their time to allow themselves to donate blood.”

The American Red Cross, a nonprofit organization, also known as American National Red Cross, is a humanitarian organization that provides emergency assistance, disaster relief and education in the United States.

“I want to donate to help people in need,” stated senior Samuel Cano. ”Knowing that you can be saving three people’s lives feels great.”

Some students have heroically gone through with the Double Red Cell Donation which means they are allowed to donate twice the amount of blood to people in need. This Blood Drive allows donors to leave the Blood Drive with satisfaction by helping out where they know they might be saving three individuals.