Blood Drive

Andy Ngoly, Staff Writer

Looking to help someone out? Well here’s your chance! Hoover High School’s ASB is hosting a Blood Drive January 19th from 8:30 to 1:30 by the ASB room in the back quad.

Students have been going around classrooms making announcements and handing out permission slips.  If you are 16 and under and have not picked up a permission slip but want to donate, head over to the ASB room. If you are 17-18+ you do not need permission slip to donate. Add your name to the list ASB is creating with your full name and which period is your elective.

“This is one of the most special events here on campus,” said senior Cortney House. “It allows students from the ages 16 and up to help out donating blood which can help at least 3 people who are in need of blood. The Blood Drive is usually held two to three times a year, and is hosted by American Red Cross. Hundreds of students devoted their time to allow themselves to donate blood.”

The American Red Cross, a nonprofit organization, also known as American National Red Cross, is a humanitarian organization that provides emergency assistance, disaster relief and education in the United States.

“I want to donate to help people in need,” stated senior Samuel Cano. ”Knowing that you can be saving three people’s lives feels great.”

Some students have heroically gone through with the Double Red Cell Donation which means they are allowed to donate twice the amount of blood to people in need. This Blood Drive allows donors to leave the Blood Drive with satisfaction by helping out where they know they might be saving three individuals.

Andy Ngoly, Staff Writer

Andy Ngoly comes from a Vietnamese background, but was born and raised in San Diego. He is a student at Hoover High School in the Academy of Literature,...

• Blood Drive

Get your physical now!

• Blood Drive

Sports & Health

Friday night lightening

• Blood Drive

Soccer players wanted

• Blood Drive

Hispanic Heritage Month

Alex Rodriguez

• Blood Drive

Sports & Health

Champions League Final: Review

• Blood Drive

Sports & Health

Birdie Lands for the Last Time

• Blood Drive

Sports & Health

Cinderella Season Comes to an End

• Blood Drive

Sports & Health

Baseball Season Serves as a Lesson

• Blood Drive

Sports & Health

Road Ends Here for Boys Volleyball

• Blood Drive

Seniors

Seniors Hand it off to the Underclassman

Blood Drive