Tis’ The Winter

Amie Muller, Staff Writer

Winter Sports season has officially started! With preseason games, Hoover winter sports started off with amazing wins and some losses. Winter sports include Girls’ and Boys’ Basketball, Girls’ and Boys’ Soccer, Wrestling, and Cheerleading.

Varsity girls’ basketball started off with an overall record of 6-2 and league record of 1-0. Coming back from a rough season last year, the Lady Cards have picked up their game and started their preseason with wins. As season progresses, the Lady Cards will continue working hard to bring home wins and have a way better season compared to the past. With every practice, they continue putting their all into each dribble, pass, and shot.

As for the Varsity boys’ basketball, they started off preseason with an overall record of 8-8 and league record of 1-0. For preseason, the boys mostly played in tournaments at Sweetwater Union and Paloma Valley. With some wins and some losses, the boys started off league with their first officially win against Clairemont 80-61. Working hard everyday from the weight room to the gym, the boys continue fighting for more wins throughout the season,

Varsity boys’ soccer are still in preseason games with the overall record of 7-4-0 and kicked off preseason with a bang. With two more games left, the boys are preparing to have a league season full of wins. As for the Varsity girls, they’re starting league on January 11. Starting with a preseason record of 4-3-0, the girls will continue working hard to make sure their season is just as amazing as their preseason.

Wrestling just had their first match on January 5th. Although not many kept up with the Hoover wrestling team, the Cardinals worked hard to make sure each match they have is unforgettable. Hoover wrestling did spectacular at the match and didn’t disappoint those in the crowd.

Cheerleading prepared for the upcoming basketball season. Practicing new cheers and transitioning from football to basketball, the Cardinals cheered as loud and spirited as they could at the boys’ first basketball league game.

Amie Muller, Staff Writer

Amie, a junior at Hoover High, is Vietnamese and Chinese, but born and raised in San Diego. She has a half brother and twin sisters, but she live with just her dad. When she was in third grade, she lived in Hawaii with her mom, but ended up moving back to San Diego. She has been a staff writer for three years now. She plays volleyball and basketball. She loves listening to contemporary R&B and Hip Hop. Her favorite artists include Khalid, Trungtastic, and Chance the Rapper. When she graduates, she wants to attend San Diego State under a kinesiology major to become an athletic trainer. After getting her bachelor’s degree, she wants to go onto medical school to become a pediatrician. A lifelong goal she also want to accomplish after she graduate is to travel around the world.

• Tis’ The Winter

Sports & Health

Friday night lightening

• Tis’ The Winter

Soccer players wanted

• Tis’ The Winter

Hispanic Heritage Month

Alex Rodriguez

• Tis’ The Winter

Sports & Health

Champions League Final: Review

• Tis’ The Winter

Sports & Health

Birdie Lands for the Last Time

• Tis’ The Winter

Sports & Health

Cinderella Season Comes to an End

• Tis’ The Winter

Sports & Health

Baseball Season Serves as a Lesson

• Tis’ The Winter

Sports & Health

Road Ends Here for Boys Volleyball

• Tis’ The Winter

Seniors

Seniors Hand it off to the Underclassman

• Tis’ The Winter

Sports & Health

US Misses International Soccer Stage

Tis’ The Winter