Snoop Dogg

Snoop+Dogg

Carlos Palma, Staff Writer

Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr, also known as Snoop dog, was born on October 20, 1971 in Long Beach, CA. Snoop Dogg is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter. He is also a record producer and a television actor.

Snoop Dogg has hosted a lot of different charity games over the years to help diseases or just the community in general. In the music business, some people tend to focus more on a celebrity’s music, and their accolades, rather than the extracurricular activities and volunteer work they may have started or are currently involved in. For example, there may be some rap artists who sponsor a charity or organization, but the way that they contribute to that charity or organization may go unnoticed. Snoop Dogg, some people may judge him on his music and how he talks about certain topics, but one thing he does do is give back to the community.

There may be times when a rap artist may talk a little about their charity or how they volunteer their time during interviews and press conferences, but sometimes the information they tell the media may go unnoticed, either because they don’t talk about their charity or volunteer work a lot, or because people use their music or their past to determine what type of person a rap artist may be. Snoop Dogg had an interest in football, but he wanted to help and inspire young teenage boys to keep playing. So one day, he took it upon himself to spend 1.3 million dollars of his own money to start a youth football league for children ages 5-13. The accomplishments and success of Crenshaw High School and Snoop Dog’s league is catching the attention of many recruiters, and the team is now getting noticed around the world. With this Snoop did not only help the community, but he also helped the future of the young ones.