Youtube HQ shooting

Violeta Arreola, Staff Writer

On Tuesday April 3rd, Nasim Najafi Aghdam shot and wounded three people and later killed herself. Two of the three people have been released from the hospital and one is in critical condition.

Police reports say that Aghdam, now called the “YouTube shooter,” visited a gun range before attacking strangers. Aghdam went because she wasn’t pleased with YouTube restricting her videos. The woman lived in the San Diego area but traveled all the way to San Bruno, where the Youtube HQ is located. Aghdam’s brother knew something was wrong with his sister which caused him to worry. He had warned the police but they didn’t see anything suspicious in his sister’s car. When the Mountain View police asked her question, instead of being erratic, she was calm and collected.

Aghdam had, on average, 800 views on her videos, with 32 subscribers. Perhaps this is why she was aggravated. The three people she had shot, she had no ties with at all. Those three innocent people did not deserve to be shot. YouTube put out a statement which said that they will make their security better in its offices. YouTube also gave the option to its workers to have some time off or if they wanted to, they could work from home.

What’s more terrifying than this horrible act was the fact that as a society, what we value has greatly shifted. We’ve become so focused on gaining fame and fortune, through some form of media platform, that we are willing to harm each other to achieve that goal.  

Violeta Arreola, Staff Writer
Violeta Arreola Molinero, a junior at hoover high, tends to get her hair dyed to different shades of purple or lets all the color go away. She loves to draw and thanks to that she has a bad habit of drawing on most papers she gets her hands on. Besides that she also like to...
  • Youtube HQ shooting

Year in Review

• Youtube HQ shooting

#WEARECITYHEIGHTS

• Youtube HQ shooting

A Night to Remember

• Youtube HQ shooting

Another Day Another Tragedy

• Youtube HQ shooting

Features

Thelonious Monk

• Youtube HQ shooting

The 2018 Yearbook is almost here!

• Youtube HQ shooting

Culture

Stephon Clark: Remember Him

• Youtube HQ shooting

China Considering Trade War

• Youtube HQ shooting

Breech of the Cyber Wall

• Youtube HQ shooting

Features

Oprah for 2020

Youtube HQ shooting