Jeremy Pushes the Envelope Once Again

Elizabeth Lopez, Staff Writer

Once again, our senior Jeremy Ramirez took a step closer to his dreams. Earlier this year he published his entrepreneurship book and now he has been working hard on various entrepreneur competitions representing the Hoover family.

Friday, on April 13 he had his second entrepreneur competition which was held at the University of San Diego against thirty-five other students, each representing different high
schools. Out of six hundred applicants, only thirty-five students were accepted, and out of
those competitors, Jeremy was one of the twenty-five students that graduated from the
FutureBoss program. A non-profit program that gave the students the opportunity to gain more knowledge about the fundamentals of creating a business and becoming successful.

These students were required to spend a week at USD taking university level entrepreneurial classes. They had to create a business plan in just four days in order to present their five minute pitch to six judges and a large audience. It was challenging but Jeremy’s sleepless nights were definitely worth it, claiming the competition to be an enriching experience that led to some great connections.

Although he did not win, as he expected, Jeremy did not let it get to him.  He took this as an opportunity to show on social media that failure happens to everyone, and demonstrated accepting failure with grace.

“ I’ve noticed time and time again, that if you keep your head held high, and give it all you got, the trench you fall in is actually just a trampoline to prepare you for something so much
greater. Knowing what I know now, I know that life is challenging me again and preparing me for something greater,” said Jeremy. “Steve Jobs didn’t make it the first time, nor did Michael Jordan or Oprah Winfrey. Well challenge accepted I’m already signed up for my next competition, next month! I am so thankful for everyone that supported and sent positive vibes!

In fact, last year Jeremy made Hoover history by leading Hoover’s first team to participate in the Nick Cannon Business Plan Competition (with teammates Erick Cortez and Mayra Arriaga), which was also the first team to take 1st place in this competition. While Jeremy is preparing for the competition once more, he is working hard to actually launch the start-up with guidance from FutureBoss competition founder Miguel Vasquez and director Justin Jackson. Jeremy’s constant way of challenging himself inspires many cardinals to follow their dreams.

Elizabeth Lopez, Staff Writer

Elizabeth Lopez, a tiny person with a big heart. She is a senior at Hoover High, always on time ready to learn. She was born in San Diego, pero tiene sangre mexicana ( but has Mexican blood), Always mixing her dos lenguas( both of her languages). She doesn’t care about what other people think of her, all she cares about is making her parents proud. She doesn’t need everyone to be her friend as long as she has her seven best friends do. You will hardly hear about her but you will always hear her boots wherever she goes. She might feel stressed or depressed but always well dressed. She has learned to not let anyone or anything bring her down, she always has a smile on her face. She’s creative, intelligent, mature, and a strong young lady. All she needs is her family, friends, and a camera. She takes pictures more than she breaths, she loves to capture those moments that she will always keep in her heart, even of those that are now gone. She always tries to focus on the positive things instead of the reality. She’s always ready for new adventures, trying new things, and doing what makes her happy. Her life is not easy but she will work hard and never give to follow her dreams .Traveling around the world is her main goal because “Adventure is out there”.

• Jeremy Pushes the Envelope Once Again

Features

Yule wish you were there

• Jeremy Pushes the Envelope Once Again

Culture

Cesar Chavez

• Jeremy Pushes the Envelope Once Again

Features

Year in Review

• Jeremy Pushes the Envelope Once Again

Clay Expressions

• Jeremy Pushes the Envelope Once Again

Features

Thelonious Monk

• Jeremy Pushes the Envelope Once Again

Asian Pacific American Heritage Month

Ana May Wong

• Jeremy Pushes the Envelope Once Again

Breech of the Cyber Wall

• Jeremy Pushes the Envelope Once Again

Features

Students say “NO” in solidarity

• Jeremy Pushes the Envelope Once Again

Features

Oprah for 2020

• Jeremy Pushes the Envelope Once Again

Features

Hoover represents at Special Olympics 2018

Jeremy Pushes the Envelope Once Again