New yearbook editors at camp

Fernando Medina, Editor

On July 23, the Hoover yearbook staff attended Jostens annual yearbook camp, “Yours Truly,” at the University of San Diego campus.

This four-day workshop allowed new editors, seniors Violet Arrola, Ebony Bowen, and Fernando Medina, and juniors Chanmonita Loek and Rose Yem, the chance to take content, design and photography classes in order to create the 2019 yearbook. They also work with an artist to create the cover. The current theme will remain under wraps until finalization of the cover design.

This year’s editors listen to the artist, Cooky, as she explains the different kinds of texture that could be given to the cover photo.

“One of the best parts of the camp is the food!” expressed Chanmonita. “They have several different kinds to choose from such as Italian, Greek, and Japanese.”

Chanmonita puts the finishing touches onto the artwork for the pennant contest.

The staff also was able to interact with different students from around the nation. Some came as far away as Texas. This also offered the opportunity for the staff to exchange ideas with other yearbook staffs.

Fernando Medina explains where to find the Jostens templates to start the layouts.

“We have a great idea of what direction the book should go,” stated Violet. “We definitely want to place first again at Del Mar!”