Perfect Land

Brian Quirarte, Staff Writer

Perfect Land is a freshman at Hoover High School.  He is an excellent student who keeps up with his grades so he can play football.

Perfect plays running back for the junior varsity team.  Since it’s his first year playing, he started putting in extra work into his football workouts which started in August.  All that hard work has paid off to be recognized by the Athletic Director, Coach Vanessa Stahley as The Cardinal’s Athlete of the Week.

Perfect is also being recognized for his amazing performance against the Castle Park Trojans on September 13.  Even though he isn’t big like some of the other players, his heart and determination helped him run more than 150 yards and scoring two touchdowns.

“I wouldn’t be able to do that,” explained Perfect.  “If it wasn’t for the offense line.”

Perfect rallied four tackles which helped score points.  This amazing performance lead the Hoover Cardinals a 37-10 victory over the Castle Park Trojans.

Brian Quirarte, Staff Writer

They called him El Brian, everyone knew who he was; tall, handsome, athletic, and smart. Brian likes to play sports especially soccer and football because he is good at both of them. Brian has two younger sisters. Brian was born in Jalisco May 6, 2001. He has good taste in music because he listens to corridos and trap music. Chief Keef is his favorite rapper. Brian works at Pizza Hut and is saving up for college. After college he hopes to be a physical therapist at some famous hospital. He is a funny guy and don’t let the tough guy persona fool you. He is a caring, supportive, and determined individual.

• Perfect Land

Athlete of the Week

Evelyn Arce

• Perfect Land

Athlete of the Week

Ataklty Gebru

• Perfect Land

Athlete of the Week

Sirr Mee

• Perfect Land

Features

Yule wish you were there

• Perfect Land

Athlete of the Week

Evelyn Arce

• Perfect Land

Hispanic Heritage Month

Ted Hernandez

• Perfect Land

Sports & Health

Friday night lightening

• Perfect Land

Practice makes perfect

• Perfect Land

America Ferrera

• Perfect Land

Eva Longoria

Perfect Land