Increased traffic brings issues

Enriqueta Miranda, Staff Writer

Ending the last school year 2017-2018, the construction on campus has began. Due to these renovations, many problems arose. Some of these problems are very relatable. Although the construction is for efficient new buildings, it does come with its consequences.

The traffic around the school campus especially on Highland Avenue has affected many people including students, teachers, and even parents. Students walk through the traffic which is dangerous.  Parents are stressed to drop off their child. Teachers and staff are finding parking a big challenge.

There should be a blinking crosslight put near the school on Highland Avenue so that students can safely cross all at once instead of having them cross at random in between cars. This can one day lead to a situation where someone gets hurt or injured, because at times cars do not stop to let students cross. Not only are the students are unsafe, but the cars are at risk as well. They can crash into each other since there’s no space to move around. Which is why there should be more precautions added to the crossing of students.

Also, attendance is very stressing to everyone, including staff, parents, and students too. In addition, sometimes the line to get to the front takes forever since some cars just stay there without moving, resulting in attendance issues. To help alleviate the problems , the administration and staff should have accessible ways to get into the school without it being such a hassle.  For example, students can enter through the gate near the Wienerschnitzel on El Cajon Boulevard or the back gate off 46th and Norwood.