Soccer players wanted

Stephanie Trinidad, Staff Writer

This year, the Hoover Girls soccer team is trying to recruit more girls by November 2018. Conditioning has already started and practices are Tuesdays through Fridays from 3-5:30 p.m at the baseball field. Tryouts will be at the football field on November 3.

It’s recommended to start practices as soon as possible to be in shape and know your weaknesses, and as a team, work on improving your skills. Some girls have been training since the end of the last season with Coach Jose De Los Santos, to make sure this year they go even further than last year. The team needs girls that will be dedicated and hard working so the team could achieve their goal to win league champions and go to CIF. Bring exercising clothing, long socks, shin guards, cleats (if you have any) and a positive attitude. You also need to have your physical and athletic clearance before you try out.

Coach Jose looks for new athletes who who want to improve everyday. He takes building a student athlete very serious and likes his players to be discipline. Coach Jose will be pushing athletes to their limits and becoming the best of themselves. He will also be coaching the boys soccer team as well.

“If you want to be a part of this team for the upcoming season,  it’s going to a big commitment and sacrifice in your part this year,” said Coach Jose.  “If cannot make this one of your priorities and attend practice it’s going to be difficult for you.”

Stephanie Trinidad, Staff Writer

Stephanie Trinidad De La Rosa is 16 years old. She was born on December 4, 2001 at 4:28 am. She is a junior at Hoover High school and plays varsity soccer. Her favorite thing to do in her free time is play soccer, hangout with her family and friends and go out do things she hasn’t done yet. She really doesn’t like reading unless it’s an interesting topic, which would be soccer. Her favorite soccer teams are Real Madrid and Chivas de Guadalajara. Her favorite players are Gareth Bale and Eduardo Lopez. Her favorite foods are lasagna, tamales, moose cake and coconut Greek yogurt. She would like to play college soccer and study to become a physical therapist if she doesn’t become a pro soccer player. She would like to take care of her family as they took care of her when she was young.

• Soccer players wanted

Features

Yule wish you were there

• Soccer players wanted

Practice makes perfect

• Soccer players wanted

Hispanic Heritage Month

Mario Molina

• Soccer players wanted

Youth against gun violence

• Soccer players wanted

P3 can save lives

• Soccer players wanted

Don’t be a LOPer

• Soccer players wanted

Hispanic Heritage Month

Silvestre S. Herrera

• Soccer players wanted

Increased traffic brings issues

• Soccer players wanted

Late start may be coming

• Soccer players wanted

Hispanic Heritage Month

Sonia Sotomayer

Soccer players wanted