Soccer players wanted

Stephanie Trinidad, Staff Writer

This year, the Hoover Girls soccer team is trying to recruit more girls by November 2018. Conditioning has already started and practices are Tuesdays through Fridays from 3-5:30 p.m at the baseball field. Tryouts will be at the football field on November 3.

It’s recommended to start practices as soon as possible to be in shape and know your weaknesses, and as a team, work on improving your skills. Some girls have been training since the end of the last season with Coach Jose De Los Santos, to make sure this year they go even further than last year. The team needs girls that will be dedicated and hard working so the team could achieve their goal to win league champions and go to CIF. Bring exercising clothing, long socks, shin guards, cleats (if you have any) and a positive attitude. You also need to have your physical and athletic clearance before you try out.

Coach Jose looks for new athletes who who want to improve everyday. He takes building a student athlete very serious and likes his players to be discipline. Coach Jose will be pushing athletes to their limits and becoming the best of themselves. He will also be coaching the boys soccer team as well.

“If you want to be a part of this team for the upcoming season,  it’s going to a big commitment and sacrifice in your part this year,” said Coach Jose.  “If cannot make this one of your priorities and attend practice it’s going to be difficult for you.”