Eva Longoria

Fernando Medina, Senior Editor

Eva Jacqueline Longoria Bastón was born on March 15, 1975.  She is an American actress, producer, director, activist and businesswoman. She is perhaps best known for her role as Gabrielle Solis on the television series Desperate Housewives which ran from 2004 to 2012 and for which she received Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Award nominations. She also has a master’s degree in Chicano Studies and is deeply involved in advocacy and nonprofit work. The Eva Longoria Foundation supports Latina entrepreneurship through micro-loan programs; funds STEM extracurricular activities and mentorship for Latina students; and raises awareness on a national stage about issues relating to Latina education.

Longoria has worked to expand opportunities afforded to the Hispanic-American community through testimony before the Senate Small Business and Entrepreneurship Committee and speeches at the Clinton Global Initiative Conference.

Fernando Medina, Senior Editor

When he’s not in yearbook and writing articles for the school newspaper, he’s out in the field living his dreams as a high school athlete. Senior Fernando Medina has been playing baseball for Hoover since his freshman year and throughout his years at Hoover.  He will always remember this chapter of his life. One reason that made his freshman year so memorable was when he was apart of the baseball team who went all the way to CIF and winning the championship. The Academy of Health and Healthy Communities (AHHC) at Hoover helped him to discover his passion towards athletics and inspired him  become a physical trainer and being able to live out his dreams even after his high school days. Instead of only being able to say he only participating in one high school sport, he decided to do cross country for the first time in his sophomore year. His junior year was a huge turning point in his life when he decided to switch up his routine by signing up for yearbook. Being able to be a part of yearbook let him be able to write his point of view at Hoover and show how students live their lives on and off campus. He also loves to take pictures of sunsets and athletic events at Hoover.

• Eva Longoria

Hispanic Heritage Month

Ted Hernandez

• Eva Longoria

America Ferrera

• Eva Longoria

Hispanic Heritage Month

Mario Molina

• Eva Longoria

Selena

• Eva Longoria

Culture

Cesar Chavez

• Eva Longoria

Hispanic Heritage Month

Silvestre S. Herrera

• Eva Longoria

Bruno Mars

• Eva Longoria

Hispanic Heritage Month

Alex Rodriguez

• Eva Longoria

Carolina Herrera

• Eva Longoria

Gabriel Inglesias

Eva Longoria