Yule wish you were there

Ebony Bowen, Senior Editor

This year’s homecoming dance at Hoover High School was amazing.  It was held on October 13, 2018, in the big gym.

Entering the dance the students had the option to pick glow sticks to wear, which indicated if you were in a relationship, single, or “it’s complicated,” depending on the color of the glow stick. The inside of the big gym was transformed to look like a teen night club with flashing disco lights everywhere. Students had fun dancing with friends to the good music mixed by Hoover alumni, DJ Caleb. One word to describe the night…LIT!  The photo booth allowed students to be able to take pictures with their friends or significant other, and use cute and funny props.

Outside, students had a blast eating unlimited ice cream and slushies from King’s ice cream truck. They also enjoyed the delicious tacos from the taco truck. These were a great addition to this year’s homecoming and it made all worth wild.

Everyone was having the time of their lives without a care in the world. The dance floor was crowded with people chanting the lyrics to songs. There were rarely any “wall flowers” that night, unless they had to take a break from all the dancing. Overall it was a great experience and once again a night to remember at Hoover’s 2018 Homecoming.