Running with purpose

Machair Ahmat, Staff Writer

Attention Students and staff!! City Heights Runners 5k run is approaching. Please show your support by registering online before February 8th . There are no requirements or previous experience needed.

On February 9, the  City Heights Runners are holding a racing event to benefit the free running program. The event will be held at North Chollas Community Park. Kids can participate in a fun run. All runners will receive a free City Heights Runners t-shirt. The program would love it if people join or support them in their annual event.

Running is a great way to maintain a healthy lifestyle and to acquire new friendships. This event does not hold any recommendations to participate. The only requirement is to register online before February 8 and to bring a positive attitude. No previous running experience needed. You can even walk. Please join the event to show support. If you are a very busy person and do not have time to participate in this event,  you can still support the program by donating online.

City Heights Runners is a non-profit organization that supplies a diverse number of students throughout City Heights with seasonal after-school and Saturday practices for students attending Clark, Wilson, and the Hoover Cross Country and Track and Field teams by providing off season practices. Throughout the program students develop character, main good physical and mental health, create bonds and build discipline.  The price of the event and any questions you have will be answers in the website below.

City Heights Runners