Graffiti Art

Back to Article
Back to Article

Graffiti Art

Jasmine Gonzalez, Staff Writer

Before putting more thought into it, I would’ve thought nothing of the graffiti in the bathrooms. Right now, I actually really like how it looks. Sure, maybe for some people it doesn’t appeal to them. Maybe they don’t like how it looks or don’t like graffiti as a whole. However, I see it as something that’s pretty cool to look at. It’s not done by a professional, it’s done by a student of Hoover.

This is graffiti art, which usually has a negative connotation with gangs. However, graffiti can be wonderful works of art (excluding gang tags, those aren’t art). Someone could be hired to do that type of artwork on their building; all of which would be considered perfectly legal. It also takes time to do it. I’m not experienced with spray painting on walls, but I am an artist myself. I know that depending on what the artist is working on, it could takes hours, days, weeks, months, or even years to finish. Having to paint on walls looks like it could be difficult to do and take quite a while to finish completely.

I really admire the time and dedication that one student put into the graffiti art in the bathrooms. I don’t know exactly how long it took to finish, but what I do know that a lot of hard work was put into it in order to brighten up the bathrooms, even though they still can get messy. Just knowing that can get me to appreciate the work put into it. So even if it doesn’t live up to someone else’s standards, I still really like it.

Jasmine Gonzalez, Staff Writer

Jasmine Gonzalez is a sophomore at Hoover High School and in the Social Justice Academy. She is part of Cardinals Interact. Her favorite color is teal....

• Graffiti Art

Editorials

Pros and cons of the caffeine fix

• Graffiti Art

Opinion

15 or college?

• Graffiti Art

Opinion

Cellphones: friend or foe?

• Graffiti Art

Opinion

The trials and tribulations of high school

• Graffiti Art

Things My Mama Never Told Me

• Graffiti Art

Fuerza Regida

• Graffiti Art

Playboi Carti

• Graffiti Art

Opinion

Things My Mama Never Told Me

• Graffiti Art

Features

Things My Mama Never Told Me

• Graffiti Art

Top 10 Valentine’s Movies

Graffiti Art