Faisal Bihi

In honor of Black History Month, every day The Cardinal will feature a prominent person who has contributed to society.

Faisal+Bihi

Luis Ordonez, Staff Writer

As we round Black History Month, The Cardinal staff would like to honor one of our own.

Mr. Faisal Bihi is a teacher here at Hoover High School and teaches math. He is from East Africa and has lived in Somalia, Kenya, and Djibouti. He first came to the United States in 1996 when he was 17, and came to live in San Diego. Mr. Bihi is a Hoover alumni who graduated in 1999. He majored in computer engineering and graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree from UC Irvine in 2004.  He then went on to Cal State University Long Beach to work on his Masters in electrical engineering but left in 2006 to return to San Diego.  At the time, he registered for the credential program at San Diego State University and was able to intern with San Diego Unified while he earned his credential to teach math.  He has been a teacher at Hoover since 2006.  He feels that when he works here, it does not feel like he is working. It feels like he is at home and he enjoys every experience around him that is provided by his fellow Cardinals and students on campus.  Not many people know this, but he met his future wife when they were both in the 3rd grade.