We can only move forward

Luis Ordonez, Staff Writer

Going into our final year of high school, we could not help but be excited about the events that would occur in the course of the year. It is one of the major stepping stones in a young person’s life and generally one to remember for sure.

At the start of the year, many seniors were excited because they were getting so close to the endgame. The first event that went on was homecoming. The selected theme of the homecoming rally was going through the years and they consisted of the 50’s through the 80’s and in the end, the seniors won the Spirit Cup.

Going through the years many academies had different plans in store for the seniors. Some academies had events where seniors could take part and participate in the activities and others had field trips. Because of certain events that have unfolded many of our events were cancelled and unfortunately seniors were not able to experience many of the events that other seniors would usually enjoy. Personally, I was really looking forward to prom and I was excited to spend that day around the people that I have come so far with.

Due to the coronavirus our graduation has been taken from us and it was an event that many seniors were looking forward to because it was the result of all the work we have done and accomplished and what has led up to this point. We were bound to part ways to achieve our goals but we surely did not expect it to come so soon and yet I can help but be glad for the people that are going to accomplish great things. I am proud of my class and I hope to see that everyone is able to pursue what they want to achieve and I hope for the best of them.