Hoover Students express Thanks!

Mr. Michael Heu, Adviser

Christian González  ’21

“Hello Cardinals, my name is Christian González, I am extremely thankful for my father. For the past several years, my father has become both my mother and father figure due to the unfortunate loss of my mother. My father has done and still does so much for my siblings and I, from working days and nights to provide us with food and a house to live in, all on his own. He has sacrificed so much in life to make sure we’re all caught up with our needs. It’s four of my siblings and I, yet my father never gave up and raised us through the whirlwind of years that we experienced. My father has taught me so much about life and because of that, I am the dedicated, hardworking, generous, and caring person I am today, which I am extremely thankful for!”

Alexsandra Negrete  ’21

I am thankful for my awesome friends that always make me laugh and enjoy life. I am also extremely thankful for my loving family that has always been there to support me!

Zahira Alatorre  ’21

“Hi, my name is Zahira Alatorre and as there are numerous things to be thankful for, what I’m most thankful for is my health and well-being especially now considering the times we’re living in at this moment. I’m also very thankful for the amazing group of friends and family I have around me as they are my main motivation to succeed. I will always have a high appreciation for what I have and how far I made it in life whether it’s academically or in general!”

Nadia Sanchez ’21

“I am thankful for my family, my friends, and my dogs. I’m thankful for the food on my table, the roof over my head, and the love of everyone that surrounds me.”

Nhuy Do  ’21

“High school isn’t anything like it was shown in High School Musical. However, I am thankful for my friends and UrbanLife leaders for staying by my side for all these years and many more.”

Brianna Ibarra  ’22

“I am thankful for my family and friends because they are always there for me whenever I need them. I am also thankful for the things I tend to take for granted like the roof over my head and the food we are blessed to have.”

Tracy Vu ’21

“I am thankful for the moments that I spent with my friends. I am thankful for the different adventures I had the opportunity to experience when hanging out with them.”

Liliana Robles

“I’m very thankful for my mother because she has always been there for me when I needed her and has sacrificed so much so I can be where I am today.

Lyne Le  ’21

“I am thankful for the opportunities handed to me in life like getting to go on trips and visiting colleges. I’m also thankful for the people in my life, my friends and my family, without them life would be hard. I am also thankful for my doggies :3 “

Linette Osuna ’23

“What I’m thankful for is my family and friends. Even though I’ve made many mistakes, I’m thankful for them because they all teached me a lesson to be a better person. And that’s what I’m grateful for.”

Alejandra De La Riva  ’23

“I am thankful for the good and the bad. Why? Because it made me who I am today. The good would be my friends, family, and loved ones, they are just always there. The bad, like my mistakes, things I did, made me learn to never do it again. I know that some people don’t have the same opportunities and that is what makes me thankful for everything.”

Ashley Alvarado  ’21

“Ashley is thankful for her family, friends and being healthy. She’s also thankful that she’s able to work during this pandemic and help her family financially.”

John Tran  ’21

“I am thankful for my family and friends,I appreciate all the people that do things for me out of love. I am thankful that I woke up today.”

Sirr Mee ’21

I am very thankful for god, my lord and savior who died for me and you to be saved from ourselves. I’m thankful for having a family that always has my back and supports me when I need them. Lastly, I am very thankful for my boyfriend who loves me for me.

Franklin Frank ’21

“I am very thankful for God and I am also thankful for my mom and her ability to provide food on the table.”

Martinique Hood ’21

“Hey my name is Martinique and I am a senior. I am thankful that my family is well and safe. I am also thankful to have the opportunity to go to college with all the teachers helping me at Hoover.”

Evelyn Arce  ’21

“Hi my name is Evelyn Arcee and I am a Senior at Hoover.This year I am thankful that my family and I haven’t been economically affect my the pandemic. I’m thankful that we are all healthy and try to make the best out of current events.”

Jennifer Ortega ’21

“Hello my name is Jenny and I am a senior. I am greatful for a lot of things. Mainly for the wellbeing of my family, and teachers helping me with my college applications. I am thankful to be alive and being able to graduate next year.”

Olga Cabrera Rojas ’21

“I am thankful for my mother and those around me. I am also thankful for what were one day my struggles, and are now my strengths. They have caused a great impact in who I am today, for which I will always be thankful.”

Summer Becerril  ’21

“When going through this whole pandemic all I thought about was my family and our safety. I’m grateful that to this day we are stable and healthy. I’m grateful for the opportunities presented to better myself as a student.”

Jennifer Camacho  ’21

“Hello everyone! My name is Jenny and this year hasn’t been the best experience, but some of the things I’m thankful for are my friends and mentors who have supported me throughout my senior year, my family, my boyfriend, my teammates, my cross country coach, the people who have helped me write my college essays, and last but not least for all the tearful nights that have taught me not to give up. I hope you all stay safe and warm this Thanksgiving!”

Briana Vejar  ’21

Briana is thankful for the love she receives, the people that she has in her life, and she’s also thankful for all the blessings that continue coming her way.