Check out these clubs!

Even though this school year has been a challenge, some of the clubs on Hoover’s campus are still meeting.

Luisana Chavez, Senior Editor

Gender & Sexuality Alliance

The Gender Sexuality Alliance (GSA) is a club for all.  No matter your sexual orientation or who you decide to love, the GSA will always be here to support you and everyone.  The students learn about current issues that affect not only the LGBTQ+ community, but what affects students in the current political climate.  It is a safe space for all!  Meetings are Fridays at 1:30 pm.

GSA Zoom Meeting

This week, the GSA has partnered with IMIN.  See Zoom room code below!  Pick up your art pack today between 12:30-2 pm!

Brothers of Excellence

The Brothers of Excellence is a program that offers African American scholars weekly support, school and community resources, and personal and professional skill building.  Scholars build brotherhood with local guest speakers and professionals.  Brothers of Excellence also offers a safe space for students to discuss commonalities and current events. Students are inspired to give back to their community and mentor younger brothers in the future.  Meetings are Wednesdays at 3 pm.

Brothers of Excellence Zoom Meeting

Young Women Studies 

The Young Women Studies Club is an organization that helps young women and men to create a more equal world for women by empowering them.  They are supported by faculty and students from Women’s Studies at San Diego State University.  The club discusses current issues, stereotypes, and challenges, and discuss solutions to these issues.  By empowering themselves, they help to empower others outside of the club.  Meetings are on Thursdays from 12:20-12:50 pm.

Young Women Studies Zoom Meeting