One Piece is all you’ll need

It has been over a year since the campus was closed and The Cardinal staff discovers ‘What I can’t get enough of…”

Oscar Vicente, Staff Writer

Something I can’t get enough of is an anime called One Piece. It was released on October 20, 1999 so it’s been on for over 20 years and there are 965 episodes, and the Manga is on chapter 1006 and it’s still going on today.

It’s about a boy named Monkey D. Luffy, also known as Straw Hat Luffy in a pirate era who tries to become the pirate king by getting the world’s best treasure, “the one piece.”  Luffy acquires the properties of rubber after accidentally eating the supernatural Gum-Gum Fruit. Luffy recruits crew members, fights antagonists, and aids and befriends the inhabitants of several islands on his journey. Usually cheerful, he becomes serious when he fights. Luffy uses his elasticity to concentrate his power, executing a range of attacks. In his signature attack, Gum-Gum Pistol, he slingshots punches at opponents from a distance. Luffy also grows stronger over the course of the story, as reflected in his “Bounty” which is used to measure the threat he poses to the World Government.

Luffy goes on lots of adventures as the captain of the straw hats. Then there’s Zoro, who is the vice-captain and swordsman and his goal is to become the greatest swordsman ever. Then we have Nami who is the crew’s navigator and her goal is that she wants to be extremely rich, the richest of them all but also to be the best navigator. Usopp is the sniper of the team and wants to be a brave sea warrior. Sanji is the chef of the ship and wants to be the only chef in the world who cooked in every part of the ocean especially in the “all blue. ” Robin is the archeologist and wanted to live among people who care about her and to find all the poneglyphs to discover the blank age that no one has a history of. Brooke is the musician and wants to be the best musician in the world.  Chopper is the doctor and wants to be a master and god of medicine. Lastly there’s Franky who’s the shipwright who wants to be the best builder from house furniture to marine large ships, he wants to build it all.

I really love watching this anime because it’s an adventure and anything can happen next. It’s also an action/comedy anime and it’s really good. I think more people should watch it because it will make you sit on the edge of your seat waiting to know what will happen next. It might even make you angry, sad, cry and feel more emotions while watching it. It’s an amazing storyline and I highly recommend it and when it comes to the fighting scenes, I promise you won’t be disappointed. It’s just so awesome.

Currently, seasons 1-8 can be watched on Hulu with either the original Japanese dialogue with subtitles or English dubbed.