Now more than ever, choose education

Dayanara Contreras, Senior Writer

To start, the reason I continue to strive to educate myself is to secure a good and happy future. To be able to do the things I want in life, I must first learn how to do them.

Educating myself gives me the option to choose to do what I like rather than being forced to do something else. The reason why education is important to me, and society itself, is because of all the knowledge you will gain. Education improves one’s skills and develops personality and attitude. America is built on education. It is necessary to understand why education is important. Education offers students the ability to learn the type of skills needed for careers in the real world and make life decisions. A student that receives an education has a greater chance of getting better opportunities than the ones that do not have a college degree.

Every person in this world needs an education. Education is knowledge, education is life, and education is mine and everyone else’s future. As for me, I really want to do something beyond myself in the future. There’s people and kids out there who can’t even get an education because of how expensive it is or do not have access. Citizens of the United States, like myself and others, are lucky to have many privileges to receive money from the state and be able to have a free education throughout most of middle school and high school. We get so many benefits and some people don’t take advantage of it, when there’s students who want an education more than anything but have no money to pay for it.

Also in real life education can protect you more than you know, not only on a financial level, but it can help prevent you from being taken advantage of by knowing how to read and write, so you won’t sign any documents you do not understand. By having an education you are able to dream freely. You are able to accomplish things you want to do in the future.  Now more than ever, your education will help you compete with others.