A different kind of “Alice”

Kayla Onn, Staff Writer

Alice in Borderland is an action-packed manga made into a tv Japanese drama series about a listless, jobless, and video-game-obsessed young man, who suddenly finds himself in a strange, emptied-out version of Tokyo in which he and his friends must compete in dangerous games to survive. Together, they set out to unravel one mystery after another as they risk their lives and confront what it means to live.

Ryōhei Arisu is the protagonist of Alice in Borderland and played by Kento Yamazaki. Arisu is a 3rd-year high school student with the hidden potential to be an amazing analyzer. He can look at things from afar and he checks every detail he can find which plays a big role in the game. Mira Kano is the main antagonist of Alice in Borderland and played by Riisa Naka. I’m going to say a spoiler so if you haven’t watched this show DON’T LOOK! (In the series, she is shown to be a high-ranking member of the beach. Only at the very end of the season is she revealed to be a Game Master controlling everything from behind the scenes.) It is set in the heart of the dystopian ghost town of Tokyo.

I like to watch this series because it is very interesting and keeps you on your toes and it has everything you need: action, some romance, and sadness. You should watch this show because of the excellent story and cast. I find the games played in Alice in Borderland are unique and unpredictable which makes it fun and exciting to watch. And the cliffhanger they left me on at the end of season one, makes me so anticipated to watch season two. Even some of the characters are good-looking. If you enjoyed watching Squid Game, Alice in Borderland is perfect for you since both shows revolve around games of death. My favorite character is Aisu because he is so amazing. I love how smart and determined he is. There are currently only 8 episodes, and we have to wait until 2022 for season two (sad face). You can currently watch Alice in Borderland on Netflix, and it is a Netflix original series.