Unexpected friendships

Coming back to campus for in-person leaning has come with some surprises.

Unexpected+friendships

Elvis To, Staff Writer

Have you ever made friends unexpectedly? Do you wonder if they even “check up” on you when you’re feeling down. Unexpected friends come when you least expect it and sometimes it’s people you’ve just met.

To me, I have made a few unexpected friends in school. I became friends two months ago back in December and her name was Itzel. When we first met, I never expected that we would be friends at all. Now she makes fun of me and I make fun of her back, but in a good way. Another unexpected friend of mine is Eric. We met back in September when school was just getting started.  Eric loved watching memes and he would show me some which made me laugh. He always laughs whenever I say “BING CHILLING” whenever we see the video of John Cena holding his ice cream.  Along the way, he taught me how to resize photos, upload photos, etc. since we are in yearbook.

According to a July 2019 research article by Dr. Austen R, Anderson, people that wanna be friends with you out of the blue are one of the best friendships you’ll encounter. Why it is considered one of the best friendships is because you’re more open minded with them and they are the only people that actually come to you during hard times and whenever you need them to talk about anything, it’s very crazy to think that someone can seriously come into your life and change it for the better. Another part of the study is that it helps you realize yourself more and it challenges you to step out of your comfort zone, and be more accepting to different types of people.

Sometimes the people that always come to you might not come over every time because they are so busy with getting things done or they’re having challenges of their own. Be sure to remember, if you are feeling down or having a hard time, a friend can help comfort you.