Dwayne Douglas Johnson

The Cardinal honors Asian Pacific American Heritage Month!

Kayla Onn, Staff Writer

Dwayne Douglas Johnson, also known as The Rock, is an actor, businessman, and former professional wrestler. He wrestled for WWE for eight years before pursuing an acting career. He is widely recognized as one of the best professional wrestlers of all time.

Johnson is one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood. He was born on May 2, 1972 in Hayward, California, and is one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood. Dwayne Johnson has appeared in a number of films and television shows, including The Game Plan, Central Intelligence, San Andreas, Rampage, and Moana. Beginning with Fast Five, his role as Luke Hobbs in the Fast & Furious films has helped the franchise become one of the highest-grossing film franchises.  Johnson also appears in Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle and Jumanji: The Next Level, as well as other Jumanji films.

In 2006, he established The Dwayne Johnson ROCK Foundation to help at-risk and terminally sick children who are hospitalized due to medical disabilities, disorders, or illnesses. The foundation’s purpose has expanded to include education, encouraging young people to continue their education beyond high school, as well as its own physical fitness program, which focuses on teaching kids about nutrition and exercise. He also supports a number of charities, including Make-A-Wish, I Have a Dream, Parkinson Society Maritime Region, Red Cross, Starlight Children’s Foundation, and Until There’s A Cure.