Holiday movies for all!

Chelsea Andrade, Staff Writer

How the  Grinch Stole Christmas is a live action movie. It’s about the Grinch deciding to ruin Christmas for the cheery citizens of Whoville.  He comes down from his mountaintop home, with his dog Max, and sneaks into town to swipe everything holiday related. The Grinch is my top 10 that I see every  Christmas year with my family. I recommend that you watch this movie with your family because it teaches you true love around the holidays.

Home Alone is about a 8 year old bratty kid named Kevin and on the night before a family trip to Paris, his mother makes Kevin sleep in the attic. His family leaves the airport without Kevin and he awakens to an empty house thinking they are gonna come back for him. But  his excitement sours when he realizes that two con men plan to rob the McCallister residence, and that he alone must protect the family home. I would say to watch this movie because it is a classic family holiday.

The Polar Express is about an inspiring adventure based on the beloved children’s book by Chris Van Allsburg. When a doubting young boy takes an extraordinary train ride to the North Pole. I recommend that you watch this movie because The Polar Express has wonderful messages about the importance of believing, the value of friendship, respect for leadership and courage, and the beauty of being kind to others.

The Holidate is a movie about being single during the holidays.  Two strangers agree to be each other’s platonic plus-ones all year long, only to catch real feelings along the way. I loved this film, because it really shows that whenever you think there is no hope at all, it’s there somewhere! I loved the bond between Sloane and Jackson – they went from total strangers to becoming really close. Luke Bracey and Emma Roberts are amazing actors and the film was both hilarious and sweet.

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms is about how Young Clara needs a magical, one-of-a-kind key to unlock a box that contains a priceless gift. A golden thread leads her to the coveted key, but it soon disappears into a strange and mysterious parallel world. In that world, she meets a soldier named Phillip, a group of mice and the regents who preside over three realms. Clara and Phillip must now enter a fourth realm to retrieve the key and restore harmony to the unstable land.this is a beautiful and poetic film. The music and the costumes are really amazing, and the story praises love, courage, memories and strength. The visuals are absolutely stunning.

Falling for Christmas it is about a young, newly engaged heiress who has a skiing accident in the days before Christmas. After she is diagnosed with amnesia, she finds herself in the care of the handsome cabin owner and his daughter. You are able to watch this movie on Netflix.

Last Chirstmas is about a frustrated Londoner who works as an elf in a year-round Christmas shop. But things soon take a turn for the better when she meets Tom, a handsome charmer who seems too good to be true. As the city transforms into the most wonderful time of the year, Tom and Kate’s growing attraction turns into the best gift of all.

Love Hard is about  an L.A. writer learns she’s been catfished when she flies 3,000 miles to surprise him for Christmas. Love Hard is worth watching if you’re a casual rom-com fan. The film features a number of Asian actors.

Let It Snow is about a snowstorm hitting a small midwestern town on Christmas Eve, bringing together a group of highschool students. They soon find their friendships and love lives colliding, and on Christmas morning, nothing will be the same. Let It Snow is a very silly movie with a lot of heart, nailing the holiday formula with strong production values and an impressive young cast.

The Nightmare Before Christmas is about Halloweentown’s beloved pumpkin king, who has become bored with the same annual routine of frightening people in the “real world.” When Jack accidentally stumbles on Christmastown, all bright colors and warm spirits, he gets a new lease on life and plots to bring Christmas under his control by kidnapping Santa Claus and taking over the role. But Jack soon discovers even the best-laid plans of mice and skeleton men can go seriously awry. I recommend to wach this movie because every little movement and facial expression had to be meticulously planned and executed for a wide variety of characters. The extraordinary payoff of that unique level of precision and dedication is part of what I think makes this movie a classic.