Mr. Samaniego

The staff at The Cardinal express who their most influential teachers are in honor of Teacher Appreciation Week!

Mr.+Samaniego

Natalie Molina, Junior Associate

Mr. Samaniego has always been there to support, to criticize, to care for his students including myself. I’ve only been in his class for one year but he’s ultimately been one of my favorite teachers. He has worked at Hoover since 2016. He smiles non-stop, is always full of energy, and not like many teachers, he’s still dedicated to teach us so much for the future.

Mr. Samaniego has always been someone who I can look up to and can rely on any information on how I can improve my life or improve my future. He’s serious about many things, but having to see his students achieve a great future is what makes him smile. Though he sometimes is a bit oblivious to who is talking to him, he still finds time to listen to every single one of his students. No matter who talks, and who doesn’t he gives the care and attention students need.

There is a book in his class I am reading at the moment, and it’s a kind of book that helps the class come together and have some sense of versatility.  Moments like interacting with each other and seeing each other smile, laugh and connect is why I love going to Advance English during first period.  Everyday he gives me strength to be happy, to cherish the moments I have while looking towards the future.