It’s Our Time

The+class+of+2016+demonstrates+their+class+spirit+mid-performance+at+Homecoming+2015.+

Charles Nguyen

The class of 2016 demonstrates their class spirit mid-performance at Homecoming 2015.

Elizabeth Valadez, Staff Writer

The year has come for Hoover High School seniors. It is 2016, the year we graduate. We have prom, grad night and most importantly, graduation coming up. We all thought it would take years for the date to come, but now it is only four months away. Now we are all both stressed and excited, although come are also feeling indifferent about it.

Senior year is exhausting and a lot of us have agreed that it is not the fun year previous seniors had told us it would be. Now is the time to worry about college applications, scholarships, meeting any kind of deadline, keeping up grades to pass classes, FAFSA, and it all leads up to senioritis. Another thing that brings us stress is the amount of money we are going to need to save up. We are going to need tickets for prom, including tuxedos and dresses, and over 100 dollars if we want to go to grad night in Disneyland.

Although we feel worn out, senior year also brings us excitement. We have taken 12 years of schooling from seven in the morning to three in the afternoon. Now, if one decides to go to college, they can take classes at whatever time of day available, and they are not five days a week. It is also exciting to go to grad night. We spend all night at Disneyland with our friends; possibly hang out in a fun place for the last time. Going to prom should also be one of the best times ever. No, you do not have to go with a date; friends are all you need. Finally, he feeling of walking across the stage will give you the realization that you are finally done.

The beginning of the 2015 school year was chaotic, but now the first month of 2016, we feel organized and anxious for June to come. Like I said, some are indifferent about the year. They know they are graduating, but the year feels like any other. Other than that, 2016, is a year to look forward to and once graduation comes, we will be free.