• March 29In the grand tradition of April Fools, we hope you enjoyed our early April Fool's! Have a great spring break!
Breaking News
  • April Showers Bring May Flowers. Don't be 'foolish' and forget your umbrella!

Polls

What do you plan on getting better at for the spring semester?

View Results

Lunch periods

April Fool’s! This story is false!
Lunch+periods

According to administration and security, Hoover will now have lunch inside of classes as part of period three when the fourth quarter begins.

There are a number of students leaving trash on the ground, speaking profanity and being hurtful towards each other and adults nearby. Also, during this lunch certain students are not being respectful of the bathrooms.  There have been reports, which as a community, causes worry about the health of students. So for further supervision, students will have to remain in their period three class and receive lunch from trays that lunch ladies will bring to the classrooms.  Here is a preliminary lunch schedule for Hoover:

Seniors will get there trays from 12-12:30,

Juniors at 12:30-1:00

Sophomores 1:00-1:30

Freshman 1:30-2

For mixed grade classes, lunch will be available for them during the junior time frame.  After the bell rings, students have five minutes to head to their period four class and should not be walking around campus.

Students in their lunch period classes are not allowed to walk around during this time and will remain in their classes once all students have received their meals.   Only after that will students be able to use the restroom.  There are also new campus rules for this new policy.

Students are not allowed to bring other friends to their period three classroom, and will not be allowed to leave early for period four.  Students will not be allowed to switch classes or classrooms. Teachers and security will have to make sure students are following this current rule and if broken, a phone call home or an email will be sent to either their parent or guardian.

Further consequences will occur if students don’t follow directions, The only bathrooms that will remain open are in the back quad.  In addition, teachers will only allow one student out at a time to use the restroom or for water.  Security and administration will be walking around campus to make sure everyone follows the new policies.