• June 4Graduation is this Thursday, June 6 at 5 pm!
  • June 4Have a great summer!

Polls

What do you plan on getting better at for the spring semester?

View Results

Closing out the year

Now that the yearbook has been released, though it was a satisfying process and came with many feelings of accomplishment, I wanted to highlight the challenges and obstacles that we faced this year.

Many may point out or complain about minuscule mistakes or errors without knowing the struggles within the process of creating the book. During the first semester, our staff started the year strong as we had a decent staff and active writers. We made good progress in teaching new members how things worked around this class, but however, as we got closer to the second semester, we quickly lost lots of time, progress, and even worse most of our staff. We had lost so many members that the yearbook class only consisted of around ten students. More experienced members from previous semesters and years, which only consisted of about a couple of students, including Mr. Heu and I began to take control as we quickly realized how behind we were falling for our deadlines.

We lost progress as new members began to forget how to do certain things and overall lost the motivation to do their assignments and pages. We constantly faced students forgetting to attend club or program meetings, or students not being able to make it to certain school games or events, all of which only put us behind on deadlines and not being able to make it at all more than once or twice. As an upcoming Editor-in-Chief for the 2024-2025 school year, I had to take charge along with my staff and Mr. Heu to get the pictures, quotes, spotlights, and information needed for each and every page. We were so behind that the time within our fourth period simply was not enough, and as we got closer to our final deadline, we were at risk of not being able to get our yearbooks distributed.

We knew we had to do whatever it took to get these books out, so many early mornings and late-night days of work became necessary to catch up. Errors and all, I know the hard work that was put into this book and the experience only helped me learn more about how to do things better and in a timely manner and how to organize things better and though it was exhausting, I am ready to do it all over again, but this time better prepared for the challenges to come.  Enjoy your summer!