• March 29In the grand tradition of April Fools, we hope you enjoyed our early April Fool's! Have a great spring break!
Breaking News
  • April Showers Bring May Flowers. Don't be 'foolish' and forget your umbrella!

Polls

What do you plan on getting better at for the spring semester?

View Results

On to the spring semester!

As we start a new semester, some of our staff members have moved on but express their hopes and dreams, not only personally, but for their peers, families, and the world as well.

Now that it’s the end of the semester, it’s a good time for me to reflect. I’ve done many things well this semester/year and I’ve made mistakes. Next semester, I hope to continue to do all of the things I’ve done well but also improve on certain things, especially the things I’ve done mediocre on. I liked every one of my classes this semester and passed every one. Next semester, I hope to do as well as I have done, if not more. My hopes, that are not academically related, are to stick to the processes I chose to put myself through to achieve my goals. Tolerance and dedication are the two things I hope to not run out of when starting the next semester. I wish to improve my mental health as well. However, as for my family, I hope we can connect with one another and be able to support each other more. For my peers, I hope they achieve their goals and are able to reach their hopes and dreams, because life does not end at school, or a semester, and it continues even after high school. I hope as we graduate, the world continues to grow and change for the better.

Nathalia Truong ’26

For the next semester, I would like to keep up with my grades. For example I would like to keep the grades I have now except instead of one B, I would have all As. Next semester is going to be hard because I won’t have yearbook, instead I’m going to have physics. I don’t think it will be hard, well I do because I don’t like physics. I’ve just gotten used to yearbook and I don’t like new things. I will get used to it because I have to but I won’t necessarily like it. Also, I would also like to keep my head focused and not get distracted easily. I really do hope that my grades stay how they are because I have a Mexican mom and Mexican moms don’t play. Next semester I’ll also be taking my AP World test so I hope I pass that or all this hard work will be for nothing. That’s going to be really sad if I don’t pass it, though I am telling myself I will because I gotta have a good mindset. That’s what I hope happens next semester. Even though I said about myself, I’m not selfish but when you get older you realize that you can’t worry about other people or other things. In order to get locked in you gotta lock everyone and everything else out.

Belen Alonso ’26

For the new year I have many plans for myself, my family and my peers. I hope for all of us to stay safe in health and learn from our previous mistakes in that last year so we can improve on ourselves to be ultimate great versions of ourselves this new year. For myself I have many plans including being able to earn my drivers permit so I can finally drive myself. This has been on my list for a while and I hope to finally meet the goal this year and start driving. Another goal I have is to pass all my classes this year with good grades and in November or December get accepted into good colleges that will help me on my career path to go to nursing school and become a registered nurse. My hope for the world this new year is that we finally find a way to combat climate change to protect not only ourselves but our earth. I hope that this year the world will become a better place and all the genocide that’s happening with Palestine is resolved. I hope for all my family and peers to have a great and enjoyable year with many happy memories.

Fidel Cabrera ’25

This year I want to feel more sure of myself. Not exactly for security reasons but more sure of what I am meant to do in life. Leading up to this year, I never felt sure of what I could do in my life and my career was always constantly changing because I was never sure of what I wanted to do. By the end of the year I want to feel accomplished because starting this year I already feel like I have done so much more for my future than I ever had in the past. For my family I want them to feel safe where they are in life. I want them to feel like there is nothing stopping them from being successful. I understand how hard life can be but I want them to be sure of what they have because they have already done so much as well. In the world, I expect real change to many problems going on right now. There has been so much hatred and evil in the world just at the start of this year and I would like everything to be a better place for everyone in this world. Ultimately in the new year, I expect some growth throughout the world. A new chance to create something better for each other.

Yamileth Hernandez ’24

When I think about the ending of the first semester, I can’t hope but feel joyful for this. Being on the yearbook staff has made me meet new peers that I had in my other classes. I will miss those guys a lot. I feel joy because I know how it feels to be in their shoes when I was in their grade. I want them to have a great high school experience with lots of fond memories. I hope that entering this year, I wish for a better year than last year. I want to really make changes as I enter my adult life and the fact that I really am growing up. It hits me to think that I used to be an innocent kid in middle school not worrying about life or adulting. The other half of me is ready to take on a new journey to becoming an adult. I hope to continue on trying in school for the rest of the year. I want to graduate and walk that stage to not only make my parents proud but myself too. You never know what someone’s story may be but knowing that my high school run comes to an end is exciting.  I want you to know Mr. Heu, thank you for being that cool teacher I can randomly talk to about whatever comes to mind, and being that teacher who I can play around and joke around with. I always had a laugh or smile being in your class. I hope you keep spreading and being that chill teacher you are. I will always remember the good memories I had in your class with everyone.

Gerardo Flores ’24