• March 29In the grand tradition of April Fools, we hope you enjoyed our early April Fool's! Have a great spring break!
Breaking News
  • April Showers Bring May Flowers. Don't be 'foolish' and forget your umbrella!

Polls

What do you plan on getting better at for the spring semester?

View Results

Swiftly climbed the charts!

Taylor Allison Swift also known as Taylor Swift was born on December 13, 1989, in Reading, Pennsylvania. She is one of the most influential and successful figures in the music industry. Her career began when she was fairly young, and she has since become a world wide phenomenon. Swift signed her first record contract with Big Machine Records at the age of 15. Her self-titled Taylor Swift debut album, released in 2006, which went platinum and established her as a country music sensation.

On November 11, 2008, Swift released her second album Fearless. This album was more country pop but debuted at number one on the Billboard charts, selling over half a million copies in its first week. And held the number one spot for eight weeks straight. Swift´s transition to pop music began with the release of her album RED in 2012 and continued with the release of 1989 in 2014, which marked her formal entry into the pop genre and was a massive commercial success. Swift is one of the best-selling musicians, having sold over 200 million records globally, the most-streamed female artist on Spotify, and the only act to have five albums with first-week sales of over one million copies in the US.

Swift has received multiple Grammy nominations, including Album of the Year for her albums Fearless and 1989. She has many times been chosen Billboard’s Woman of the Year. Swift has been named the winner of the Brit Award for International Female Solo Artist. And in 2019, she received the American Music Award for Artist of the Decade. Swift was named one of the world’s 100 most influential individuals by Time magazine. She has several number-one albums to her name, including Fearless, Speak Now, Red, 1989, Reputation, Lover, and Folklore.

Taylor Swift is well-known for her songwriting, having won Songwriter/Artist of the Year several times. In 2016, her album 1989 won the Grammy Award for Album of the Year.Swift is an outspoken supporter of several charity causes and has generously donated to disaster relief and education initiatives. For example, she contacted Scholastic Books about donating 6,000 books to her hometown’s Reading Public Library in Reading, Pennsylvania. The Reading Public Library was on the verge of closing, and Swift’s donation not only assisted the library, but also saved it, and hoped to encourage kids to read more. Overall Taylor Swift has released 10 albums and is on a tour called The Eras Tour where she performs some songs from all her albums. She started her tour in March 2023 and it is said that it will conclude in 2024.