• March 29In the grand tradition of April Fools, we hope you enjoyed our early April Fool's! Have a great spring break!
Breaking News
  • April Showers Bring May Flowers. Don't be 'foolish' and forget your umbrella!

Polls

What do you plan on getting better at for the spring semester?

View Results

Dreamy music with a message

Karly-Marina Loaiza, famously known as Kali Uchis is an amazing songwriter and singer. Born on July 17, 1994, in a small town in Virginia, Kali has been interested in music since her youth. She learned to play a variety of instruments and developed a passion for visual arts as well. Within three years of her debut, she began grabbing the attention of many listeners and dropped her popular hit singles “Know what I Want” and “Lottery” along with music videos she directed and soon released her first album Por Vida in 2015. Upper ranks in the music industry started to take notice of Kali Uchi’s skills. She began building a career in music and released her debut studio album called Isolation in 2018 featuring already popular artists like Tyler The Creator and Steve Lacy. The album skyrocketed and grew her popularity hitting 32 on Billboard 200 and placing in the top 4 in the R&B/ hip-hop chart. Because of this, she was nominated twice for the Grammys and once for a Latin Grammy.

In 2020, she decided to explore her singing and songwriting skills even further and released her second and first Spanish-language project album called Sin Miedo. She had always sung both in English and Spanish despite the critics who told her not to sing in Spanish. She felt that she wanted to take a risk and write her songs with primarily Spanish lyrics hoping she wouldn’t disappoint the majority of English speakers in her fan base. In recent years she has grown so much, and has released a new album this year called Red Moon in Venus. She went on tour and was ecstatic to find out that all her shows were sold out. She always expresses her love and appreciation for all her fans who supported her from being a young girl who loved music, to a big deal in the field of music.