• June 4Graduation is this Thursday, June 6 at 5 pm!
  • June 4Have a great summer!

Polls

What do you plan on getting better at for the spring semester?

View Results

A new live action version

The summer blockbuster movie I’m most looking forward to seeing is the heartwarming, live action movie Lilo & Stitch, directed by Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois. The first animation version is a staple of my childhood, with its combination of fun, loyalty, and meaningful messages that make every viewing of Lilo and her dog’s life a one-of-a-kind experience.

What I’m going to love about this movie is the detailed, vibrant Hawaiian representation that’s seen throughout Lilo’s life on an island, where she emphasizes the beautiful bond within Ohana in every obstacle that comes her way. It makes me cherish my family just as much, especially on summer break when I get to hangout with them more often. The movie is laid-back yet full of life and adventure, with dancing to Elvis, surfing across the ocean life, encountering aliens, and seeing a “dog” named Stitch grow from an UGLY alien into a loved family member of Lilo.

I can’t wait to dive into the joy and desire for adventure that the live action Lilo & Stitch contains, reminding me of my childhood days and family. This summer you can bet that I’ll be watching it on my favorite streaming service, Disney+ including the sequels and additional shows. It’s also available on Amazon Prime Video and YouTube for under $4, making it easy to unlock laughter and happiness from this classic that reminds us of family love.